Here’s a Few Tips to Help Make Removing Junk in Austin a Little Easier
Spring is in the air, which means it’s time for removing junk in Austin and a good old-fashioned spring cleaning! While most of us are familiar with the usual cleaning hacks like dusting and vacuuming, there are a few lesser-known tips and tricks that can help you save time and money. In this post, we’ll share five spring cleaning hacks that almost nobody does but should.
5 Uncommon Hacks to Try Removing Junk in Austin
- Use a lint roller on lampshades and upholstery If you’re looking to get rid of dust and pet hair from your lampshades and upholstery, try using a lint roller instead of a vacuum. Lint rollers are much gentler than vacuums and won’t damage delicate fabrics. Plus, they’re much quicker and easier to use!
- Clean your showerhead with vinegar If you’re tired of a low-pressure shower, try cleaning your showerhead with vinegar. Simply fill a plastic bag with vinegar and tie it around your showerhead, making sure it’s submerged in the vinegar. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight, then remove the bag and run the shower on hot for a few minutes. The vinegar will dissolve any mineral buildup and leave your showerhead looking and working like new.
- Use a squeegee to clean carpets and upholstery If you’re struggling to remove pet hair from your carpets or upholstery, try using a squeegee instead of a vacuum. Simply run the squeegee over the fabric, and the rubber edge will pull the hair up and away. This method is especially effective on cars and furniture with tight fabrics.
- Deep clean your garbage disposal with ice and lemon If your garbage disposal is starting to smell funky, try giving it a deep clean with ice and lemon. Fill an ice cube tray with water and sliced lemons, then freeze. Once the ice cubes are ready, run them through the disposal while it’s running. The ice will help to remove any built-up grime, while the lemon will leave a fresh scent.
- Use a tension rod to organize cleaning supplies If you’re short on storage space, try using a tension rod to organize your cleaning supplies. Simply hang the rod under your sink or in your cleaning closet, and use S-hooks to hang your cleaning supplies. This hack will help you keep everything in order and free up space for other items.
Check out The Spruce’s Guide to Garage Organizing
If you’re looking for more tips and tricks on how to organize your garage, we recommend checking out The Spruce’s Guide to Garage Organizing. They offer some great advice on how to maximize your space and declutter your garage.
At iHaul Austin, we understand that spring cleaning can be overwhelming. That’s why we offer junk removal services to help you get rid of unwanted items and make room for the things that matter. If you’re in the Austin area and need junk removal services, visit our website at iHaulAustin.com to learn more and book an appointment today.